Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is a national health institute in the united states, its headquarters is located in Atlanta, Georgia. It is responsible for the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability in the united states and internationally.
The CDC researches the prevention and control of infectious diseases and non-infectious diseases to improve the health of its citizens.
With the discovery of COVID-19, the CDC has made public some guidelines and recommendations to be taken to prevent the spread of the virus for people who would be traveling. These recommendations are listed below;
- CDC recommends that travellers avoid all nonessential travel.
- CDC recommends that travellers avoid all nonessential travel to all global destinations.
- CDC recommends that older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel to most global destinations.
- CDC recommends travellers practice usual health precautions recommended for their destination.
CDC also recommends that;
You stay at home for 14 days from the time you returned home from international travel. During these 14 days, take measure to monitor your health and practice social distancing:
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also, watch for a cough or trouble breathing. Use this temperature log to monitor your temperature.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares.
- Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters).
If you get sick with fever or cough in the 14 days after you return from travel:
- Stay home. Avoid contact with others. You might have COVID-19; most people can recover at home without medical care.
- If you have trouble breathing or are worried about your symptoms, call or text a health care provider. Tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
You are advised to take CDC recommendations seriously in this period to encourage safe travel and prevent the spread of the virus.